List of Resources and Charitable Organizations
List of Resources
- Advocates for Senior Housing, helps place seniors in affordable housing, offers National Shared Housing Resource Center, which helps seniors live together in shared housing and split the rent, or rent rooms together.
- Dial-A-Ride is a shared ride service providing numerous passengers with transportation. Drivers are required to pick you up within 15 minutes of a scheduled ride.
- 1-877-4R SENIORS (1-877-477-3646
- Advocates for seniors, provides senior care, transportation, & education.
- For qualified Seniors, provides:
- Home Care
- Home Health
- Home Modification / Safety
- Medical Supplies and Equipment
Barbara Farmer, Geriatric Care Manager
- (310) 872-4090
- (855) 464-6872
- Provides rides for seniors
- Website that helps locate local transportation for seniors.
- A Senior and Disabled curb-to-curb paratransit service operating serving the City of Redondo Beach and the City of Hermosa Beach.
- Global women’s organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through social and economic empowerment programs. Focuses on providing women and girls access to education.
- Organization which pairs youth who have a family member living with cancer with a partner who has been through a similar experience.